“Vegan Pumpkin Bundt Cake”
This is a guest post by Jes from The Vegan Screen.
2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of buckwheat flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of sucanat or coconut palm sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
1-30 ounce can of pumpkin pie mix/filling (be sure that it does not contain dairy/eggs)
3/4 cup of canola oil
1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1 cup of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese (plain), at room temperature
2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
3/4 cup of confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon of vegan margarine, melted
1 tablespoon of hot water
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit). Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, buckwheat flour, baking soda, salt, sucanat or coconut palm sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
3. Add the pumpkin pie mix/filling, canola oil, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar to the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Scoop half of the cake batter into the bundt pan.
5. Using a pastry bag or a plastic sandwich bag with the corner cut off, pipe the Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese in a continuous line in the center of the batter. Sprinkle the cream cheese with the brown sugar and chopped walnuts or pecans.
6. Scoop the remaining batter over the filling, being sure it’s all covered, and smooth out the top.
7. Bake the cake for approximately 60 minutes, until a knife or toothpick (when inserted slightly off center) comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes, then transfer it to a serving plate and allow it to cool for another 1-2 hours.
8. Prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners sugar, margarine, hot water, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until smooth. Drizzle the cake with the glaze and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
*Serving Tip: For an extra special treat, serve individual slices of cake with a scoop of Tofutti Vanilla or Better Pecan Premium Frozen Dessert and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Visit Jes at www.theveganscreen.blogspot.com.
*Note: This is NOT an official recipe from Tofutti Brands, Inc.
Share and Enjoy