“Spinach & Tofutti Ricotta Cheese Stuffed Manicotti, with Creamy Sauce”
This is a guest post by Lesley from Lesley’s Vegan Kitchen.
1 box (12 to 14 shells) manicotti noodles
1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed completely & squeezed dry
1 (16 oz) container Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 (12 oz) container Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
1/4 cup Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
6 tbsp vegetable non-hydrogenated butter
12 tbsp of unbleached all purpose flour
4 cups vegetable broth (hot temperature)
Tofutti Mozzarella Cheese Slices, for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
For the Creamy Sauce:
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir until mixture is well blended. Gradually stir in hot vegetable broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to boil and thickens. Add Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream and Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese.
For the Spinach & Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese Filling:
In a large bowl, mix spinach, Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and basil. Stir together until blended.
1. Spoon 1 cup of the creamy sauce over the bottom of your baking casserole dish.
2. Completely fill the precooked manicotti with the ricotta mixture, using a narrow spoon.
3. Arrange the stuffed pasta in a single layer in the prepared casserole dish. Repeat with remaining manicotti and fill the pan with the stuffed shells, until you run out of shells and filling. You should be able to fill 12 to 14 shells – if you run out of room in your pan, use a separate smaller pan to accommodate the extra. Spoon the remaining sauce over.
4. Arrange some Tofutti mozzarella slices on top.
5. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and cook 10 more minutes, or until sauce bubbles along the edge.
6. Let the manicotti stand 5 minutes and serve.
Visit Lesley at www.lesleysvegankitchen.com and www.lesleycocinavegan.com.
*Note: This is NOT an official recipe from Tofutti Brands, Inc.
Share and Enjoy