This is a guest post by Elyse Gregor of the Lizzie Fit blog.
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste
3 tbsp Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
2. Halve sweet potatoes lengthwise, wrap in tinfoil and bake 45 minutes.
3. While sweet potatoes are baking, heat the oil in a medium pan and caramelize the onions on low heat. Add the garlic when the onions are just about brown.
4. When sweet potatoes are done, scoop out flesh with a spoon leaving about 1/4 inch of the potato in the peel.
5. In a bowl, combine the potato flesh with the cream cheese and let sit for a minute to allow the heat from the potato to soften the cream cheese.
6. Add the onions and ground spices to the bowl and mix well.
7. Scoop the mixture back into the potato skins and bake for 10 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.
8. Top with a dollop of Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream if you wish or enjoy as is!
*Note: This is NOT an official recipe from Tofutti Brands, Inc.