This is a guest post by Sandra from Vegan Mother Hubbard.
36 vegan chocolate sandwich cookies
1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
3/4 cup Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
3 cups vegan whipped cream
about 1/4-1/3 cup maple caramel sauce*
about 1/3 cup chopped, salted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pulverize the cookies in a food processor, to create a fine crumb.
3. Stir the cookie crumbs and butter together. Press the mixture into a pie pan, to create
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. While the crust is baking, combine the Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese and peanut butter in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, cream the ingredients until thoroughly combined and smooth.
6. Beat in the powdered sugar in 1/2 cup additions, combining completely, before the
7. Gently fold in the whipped cream, 1 cup at a time, until you have a light, fluffy mixture.
8. Spread the filling into the completely cool crust. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
9. Put the caramel in a plastic sandwich bag. Cut off just a tiny bit of one corner. Gently
squeeze the caramel out, and drizzle over the chilled pie. Sprinkle with peanuts.
10.* To make the maple caramel sauce, substitute 1/2 cup maple syrup in place of 1/2 cup of the corn syrup in this recipe.
Visit Sandra at www.veganmotherhubbard.com.
*Note: This is NOT an official recipe from Tofutti Brands, Inc.