“Lemon Ricotta Cookies”
This is a guest post by Christine Robyn.
These delicious lemon cookies are buttery on the outside and thanks to the Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese, they are soft and cake-like on the inside—the perfect complement for afternoon tea or coffee. You can substitute orange juice and extract, and sprinkle poppy or chia seeds on top of them. Yum!
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup non-dairy margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 faux eggs (EnerG Egg Replacer works well)
1 (16 oz) container Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
Poppy or chia seeds (optional for sprinkling)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl beat the non-dairy margarine and sugar until fluffy.
5. Beat in the egg replacer, Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese, applesauce, and lemon juice.
6. Stir in the dry ingredients.
7. Spoon heaping tablespoons of dough onto the greased baking sheet. Make sure to leave room between each cookie because they will spread out a bit.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden.
9. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool completely before icing.
Whisk the powdered sugar, lemon extract, and non-dairy milk.
Yields four dozen cookies.
Visit Christine at www.christinerobyn.com.
*Note: This is NOT an official recipe from Tofutti Brands, Inc.