Tofutti is featured in the latest edition of Joy of Kosher magazine! Here’s a recipe for chicken parmesan…
“Tofutti Chicken Parmesan Cutlet”
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
Pinch of salt, pinch of pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon
of granulated garlic and/or favorite seasoning
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups of bread crumbs
1 jar of your favorite tomato marinara sauce
1 package of Tofutti mozzarella cheese slices
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
1. Preheat an oven to 375°F.
2. Place chicken breast between parchment/wax papers on a cutting board. Firmly tenderize chicken with a meat mallet to about 1/2 inch thickness.
3. Mix bread crumbs, all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper or favorite all-purpose seasoning.
4. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl.
5. Dip chicken breast in eggs.
6. Transfer breast to breadcrumb mixture. Press breading into both sides.
7. In a large frying pan on medium-high heat add 1 cup of canola or vegetable oil.
8. Cook chicken until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
9. Mix the Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese and the Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese together.
10. Place chicken in a baking pan. Spread each cutlet with Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese and Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese mixture. Add 1-2 tablespoons tomato sauce per cutlet. Layer each cutlet with an equal amount of Tofutti mozzarella cheese slices, 2-3 per cutlet.
11. Bake in preheated oven until cheese melts, about 12 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil.