Tofutti is featured in the latest edition of Joy of Kosher magazine! Take a look at this sweet potato recipe…
“Tofutti Twice Baked Sweet Potato”
2 large sweet potatoes
4 ounces Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
3 tablespoons Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup of walnut, pecan and/or hazelnuts,
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise, and roast potatoes cut-side down for 30 minutes or until tender, or microwave on high for 7-8 minutes.
3. Remove centers of potato and place into a bowl.
4. Whip together Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese and Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream, brown sugar, cinnamon and cocoa powder, salt and vanilla. Then add to sweet potatoes. Mash until evenly blended.
5. Return mixture to potato shells.
6. Optional: top with chopped nuts and a drizzle of honey.
7. Return to the oven and bake for additional 10 minutes.