“Tofutti Vegan Eggnog”
Eggnog is most definitely a holiday indulgence. You don’t find many people sloshing down pints of thick, creamy eggnog in July. So being that it is December, and many folks are gearing up for holiday celebrations, here’s a decadent recipe for vegan eggnog. Oh yes, vegan eggnog made with Tofutti vanilla premium dairy-free frozen dessert. Yup . . . this is really happening. Enjoy!
What you’ll need . . .
1 pint Tofutti vanilla premium dairy-free frozen dessert
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of ground cloves
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
Garnish with fresh ground nutmeg
Super simple preparation . . .
Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down once. Serve cold, topped with fresh ground nutmeg.
For a holiday kick, add your choice of Rum, Brandy or Bourbon.
Serves 3 to 4.
Created exclusively for Tofutti Brands, Inc. by Brook and Michael over at Being Vegan Eats.
Share and Enjoy
“Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake”
This is a guest post by Cheryl Malik over at 40aprons.com.
I love this decadent cheesecake milkshake. It’s sooooo good. Yum! Rich, creamy, and ohhhhh so delicious!
1 1/2 cups vegan premium vanilla Tofutti frozen dessert
3 ounces Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond milk or other alt-milk
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
crushed vegan graham crackers, for serving
Whipped coconut cream:
1 can full-fat coconut milk (must be full-fat)
pinch sugar or other sweetener
dash vanilla extract
Prepare for the whipped coconut cream. Place can of coconut milk in the fridge and leave overnight. Do not skip!
Chill a medium-size bowl. Remove the refrigerated can of coconut milk and flip it upside then open. Pour the coconut water/liquid into another bowl and scoop out the coconut cream into the chilled medium-size bowl. Whip the coconut cream using an electric mixer or handheld beaters. Add a pinch of sugar or other sweetener and a dash of vanilla extract and stir ’til combined.
Making the milkshake. Blend all ingredients (excluding the vegan graham cracker crumbs) until smooth. Pour into serving glass and top with whipped coconut cream and crushed graham crackers.
Visit Cheryl at 40aprons.com.
*Note: This is NOT an official recipe from Tofutti Brands, Inc.
Share and Enjoy
Tommy’s Restaurant loves cooking up vegetarian foods, like falafel, shakes, baba ganoush, and hummus. Tommy’s has been a veggie institution in Cleveland, Ohio since 1972.
Now if you scroll down Tommy’s menu – go on, do it – you’ll see something familiar…Tofutti! Yup. Tommy’s sells vegetarian “milk shakes” made with Tofutti dairy free frozen dessert. Thanks, Tommy!
And a big thanks to Heather, a.k.a. “The Food Hussy,” for snapping a picture of Tommy’s Tofutti Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake. Great to see it live and in person…
Via The Food Hussy.
Share and Enjoy
The verdict is in…bloggers love Tofutti! Here’s a roundup of Tofutti reviews from the vast infinite blogosphere.
- What happens when someone with Ulcerative Colitis tries Tofutti? They love it of course! Theresa, over at Theresa’s Mixed Nuts, recently reviewed Tofutti Cuties and Premium Vanilla Tofutti…and loves them both, especially since they kept her colitis symptoms at bay. Great news, Theresa!
- Fitz’s kids, over Fitzness.com, gave Tofutti Cuties, Hooray! Hooray! Bars, and Yours Truly Vanilla Cones a whirl, and they gave all three two thumbs up! Two kids, two thumbs…or is it four?
- Flowers for Lesley! Tofutti Chocolate Covered Flowers are novelty treats flavored with a blend of rose, marigold, jasmine, hibiscus, and other flowers…some people might find them a little unusual. But Lesley from Lesley Eats, despite being a little nervous at first, found Tofutti Flowers to be “heavenly.” Thanks, Lesley!
- Elizabeth at Once Upon a Chocolate Life was very skeptical about trying a tofu-based food. She tasted tofu years ago and didn’t like it. So she got a real shock when she sampled some Tofutti Cuties and Almond Bark Premium Tofutti…she loved them! In fact, she was, “Blown away by the taste.” Awesome! Thanks, Elizabeth. Great pictures too!
- “Would I buy either one of these products? I would, I did, and I will again.” That’s what Celine from Have Cake, Will Travel had to say about Tofutti Cuties and Better Pecan Premium Tofutti. Sounds like Celine went nuts for Tofutti…no pun intended.
- Cookies ‘N Cream Cuties make Debbie Jean very happy. “I will definitely be trying more of these in the future, especially ice cream sandwiches, which I love!” She said on her blog, aptly named Debbie Jean’s Blog. And Debbie Jean is super excited to try Tofutti’s Pizzaz Pizza, Mintz’s Blintzes, and raviolis. She is on the prowl for them right now!
- Jenni’s Ferris Wheel of Food – cute name for a blog – gave Tofutti Cuties a review too. Jenni really likes Vanilla Cuties; she thinks they taste just like the real thing. Mint Chocolate Chip Cuties weren’t her favorite, but Jenni said she’ll buy the Vanilla Cuties again in a “heartbeat!”
- Michelle, a.k.a. The Economical Eater, also gave Tofutti a rave review. “The Vanilla Almond Bark “ice cream,” which was super creamy and smooth, and I loved the generous amount of crunchy bark throughout,” she says. Awesome! Michelle likes the Yours Truly Cones a lot too
Wow! We really love the kind words. Big thanks to all the bloggers for taking the time to write about Tofutti.
If you have any comments or questions about Tofutti products, feel free to contact us. We always like hearing from customers. Makes the day fun!
Share and Enjoy
If you don’t mind getting your hands dirty, Miriam over at Tales of an Overtime Cook has a recipe for “Hot Gooey Caramel Pie” to try your, soon to be sticky, hand at. It’s a sweets-lover’s dream! Use Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese – like Miriam recommends – and you can make it yummy and dairy-free.
Miriam’s pie is dripping with sweet stuff, like brown sugar, caramel chips, caramel sauce, and a graham cracker crust. You can use regular cream cheese to make it, but if you’re going for no diary, then add Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese and margarine instead of butter.
And you can top off a slice of this gooey masterpiece with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or better yet, a nice dollop of premium vanilla Tofutti.
Be sure to visit Miriam’s website, she has a great picture of the finished recipe.
Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese comes in five varieties: Original Plain, Non-Hydrogenated Plain, Garlic & Herb, French Onion, and Herbs & Chives.
Via Tales of an Overtime Cook.
Share and Enjoy