This is a guest post by Lara from Food Allergy Gal.
“Cinnamon Apple Stuffed Pumpkin”
Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
Brown sugar (or maple syrup)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the top off the pumpkin and set aside.
3. Remove the seeds (set aside- you can use them later for pumpkin seed snacks).
4. Mix 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (or 1/2 cup of brown sugar) in a small bowl.
5. Generously baste the inside of the pumpkin with this mix (save remains, you’ll need it in a little bit).
6. Put the pumpkin in the preheated oven for 15 minutes and bake.
7. Chop up 3 to 4 apples (it’s up to you if you want fine slices or bigger chunks).
8. In the bowl with the maple syrup/olive oil blend, add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of dill and 1 teaspoon of mint. Mix together well.
9. Add 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese to the apples.
10. Pour the wet ingredients over the apples and fold in together making sure there is an even balance covering the apples.
11. Remove the pumpkin from the oven – add the apple, spice and Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese blend inside the pumpkin and put the pumpkin top on.
12. Bake for 30 minutes at 425 degrees. Serve and enjoy!
*Note: This is NOT an official recipe from Tofutti Brands, Inc.